Re: CDRW UDF file system scripts

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 10:32:36AM -0500, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> Have you tried the update-rc.d executable? My understanding is that when
> the various init scripts are added/deleted/moved with this, debconf
> won't change them.

Firstly, it's not debconf (that's *exclusively* the interface that pops
up to ask you questions and the limited number of things that interact
with it over its standardized protocol, not the Debian package
configuration process in general - they are often confused).

Secondly, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-user-0301/msg04972.html; I
posted some comments on the non-magicalness of update-rc.d there.

Cheers,