Re: CDRW UDF file system scripts

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:02:57 +0300
Andrei Smirnov <andrei.s@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2003 at 07:38:14PM -0800, Roy Pluschke wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I recently patched my kernel so that I could use a CDRW as a
> > regular file system for backup purposes. Right know I manually

> Where did you found it?
> Thanx in advance

Please send through the list rather than me personally so that all
may benefit.

look at "http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/cdrw-hint.txt"; for
a howto -- I used the already packaged udftools deb rather than
building then myself.

The only problem is shutting down without unmounting -- the packet-CD
driver process is terminated before the attempt to umount the drive and
so the shutdown just hangs.

I don't know how to change the shutdown scripts in a debian friendly
way so that the driver persists until umount is called. Solutions that
I have come up with will be over-written when the boot/shutdown scripts
deb (whatever it is) is updated.

R. Pluschke