Re: Secure Relaying -- a start

will trillich wrote:

	auth_always_advertise

	Type: boolean
	Default: true

	This option is available only when Exim is compiled with
authentication support.
Well, the stock Exim.conf file does not contain this option on my woody box. Therefore the question is whether the standard exim package was compiled with authentication enabled. I don't know, but it seems the answer is no. I am speaking of the plain Exim package here.

so before exim advertises that it's able to do the authentication
dialog, the compiled exim must have had certain flags set, which
the standard debian/woody exim does; then if the compile flags
have been set properly
This is the question. I have not gone an added the advertize option manually and I guess I need to try it, but the fact it is not in the conf file suggests support was not compiled in and therefore it doesn't matter what you put in the conf file, it will not authenticate.

	# exim -bh 192.168.1.2
	<snip>
	220 server ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:24:32 -0600
	ehlo somewhere.there
	250-server Hello duo [192.168.1.2]
	250-SIZE
	250-PIPELINING
	250-AUTH BASIC LOGIN
	250 HELP
	quit
	221 server closing connection

All I get is SIZE, PIPELINING, and HELP. In what section does the advertize authen option go...in the last section with the authn options I assume?

Ed Lawson