Re: recurring costs of computer hobby (was: Re: Mysterious disk activity)

Ron Johnson said:

> Your electric bills my be outrageous...

If I were in california I'm sure they would be!  But I'm in washington,
and my last bill was about $91. And last time I checked I use about 4 times
the power as the average family in washington according to my power
company.

$91 is very managable for me(even unemployed as I am). My power company
I guess was smart during the power crunch, a neighboring county's power
company made some bad mistakes(high priced short term contracts? not sure)
which caused the cost of power to double or triple for those folks. I
saw 6-9 months ago about people getting ~$300 bills and they probably use
half the power I use ..!

nate