Re: do i need stable in my sources.list?

Pierre THIERRY wrote:

Since most security updates for stable are going to be a version lower

You can use APT preferences to give security updates a higher priority.
Note also that there is a security repository for sarge...

I thought I new how to set up sources in my sources.list, but when I go to www.debian.org, I can find no links to even well known sites such as http://ftp.debian.org/ . If I were entirely new to Debian I would be at a total loss. I don't see any mention of sites that I know exist, e.g. the security site for woody. How should I discover where this new security site for sarge is located? I guess, ask a "stupid" question.

What is the URL of the sarge security repository?

Paul

Morningly,
le Moine Fou