Re: Mysterious disk activity

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 15:37, Pigeon wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 10:03:05AM +0100, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 01:58:04AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
> > > Hi,
[snip]
> No, I switch it off when I'm not using it. I sleep in the same room
> and 4 fans and 6 disk drives make a lot of noise... Also the power
> consumption, and resulting temperature rise in the room, are
> non-negligible.

Leave it on, and fall quickly to sleep listening to white noise,
while lowering the house's thermostat, since you have an auxillary
heater in the room.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Fear the Penguin!!"                                          |