Re: Fwd: getting postfix + sasl to work

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> this has got to be chroot related, since postfix's smtpd runs in
> a chroot in /var/spool/postfix on Debian.
>
> dman, what's your master.cf file look like in terms of the chroot
> column? wait, why are you using postfix anyway? aren't you the exim
> guru?

It is nearly impossible to get sasl to work *correctly* in a chroot
and even more difficult with PAM.

I just run it outside of it's jail...  Also, you cannot use anything
but PLAIN auth (plaintext userid/passwd in a base64 string) if you use
PAM. Probably not a good idea. If you use sasldb (or sasldb2) then you
can use things like CRAM-MD5.

> is there anyone out there using postfix + saslauthd ?

Not I, though that is probably how you'd be able to run it in a
chroot...

--
-rupa