Re: Fwd: getting postfix + sasl to work

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 12:56:44PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| did people see this and just noone respond?
[snip forwarded message]

Yes.  I worked through the problem on my system, but I used version
2.0.x from unstable.  I didn't think my solution was relevant to your
problem (see bug 176048 for a description of what I ran into).  While
working on that I saw that postfix 1.11 was built with sasl2 even
though 2.0 was built with sasl 1.5.  Apparently the _sarge_ 1.11 was
built with sasl2, but the version you installed from woody was sasl
1.5 as Markus on postfix-users pointed out.  Install the
libsasl-digestmd5-plain and libsasl-modules-plain packages to get the
rest of what you need for sasl 1.5.

HTH,
-D

--
Bugs come in through open windows. Keep Windows shut!

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/