Re: Thinkpad T30?

"Mark L. Kahnt" <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org> writes:

> On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 04:43, arief_mulya wrote:

>> Which would be better? Woody or Sarge?

  I ran woody on my Thinkpad T20 just fine, so I'd use the one that
  you're more comfortable with. It's possible, however, that the T30
  requires drivers that aren't in woody since it's newer.

> That said, I've heard people complain about trying to install *anything*
> on individual Thinkpads over the years

  Couldn't use the Winmodem though. Otherwise, it rocked. Handled my
  Cisco wireless NIC out of the box.

  See http://www.linux-laptop.net/ibm.html for more (although the T30
  isn't covered yet). I used
  http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/pub/faculty/mackinnon/thinkpad-t22.html,
  especially the hint for getting around the problem where StarOffice
  hung X...