Re: Fwd: getting postfix + sasl to work

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 06:21:18PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
| also sprach Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net> [2003.01.24.1630 +0100]:
| > though 2.0 was built with sasl 1.5.  Apparently the _sarge_ 1.11 was
| > built with sasl2, but the version you installed from woody was sasl
| > 1.5 as Markus on postfix-users pointed out.  Install the
| > libsasl-digestmd5-plain and libsasl-modules-plain packages to get the
| > rest of what you need for sasl 1.5.
|
| cool. thanks. it seems like i fixed it. don't have SASL working yet,
| but it doesn't barf no more. now i just need to get it to
| authenticate... on monday...

That's progress!  :-)

/etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
    pwcheck_method: PAM

/etc/pam.d/smtp
    # (take your pick and remove the rest)
    # (how do you want it to find the user/pass matches?)
    auth    required    pam_permit.so
    auth    required    pam_pwdfile.so pwdfile /etc/postfix/dman/passwd
    auth    required    pam_unix.so
    auth    required    pam_ldap.so

-D

--
You can't assign IP address 127.0.0.1 to the loopback adapter,
because it is a reserved address for loopback devices

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/