Re: locales fr_CA

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 05:07:04AM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> Typing:
> $ locate LC_CTYPE
> on my system yields:
> /usr/lib/locale/fr_CA/LC_CTYPE

Which is great, but when I type LC_CTYPE I find nothing. I'm sorry that
wasn't clear in my first email. :/ Which libc and libc-dev packages are
you using?

debian:/home/emmajane# apt-get install locales
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  libc6 libc6-dev

debian:/home/emmajane# dpkg-reconfigure locales
Generating locales...
en_CA.ISO-8859-1... done
en_US.ISO-8859-1... done
en_US.UTF-8... done
fr_CA.ISO-8859-1... done
fr_FR.ISO-8859-1... done
fr_FR.UTF-8... done
fr_FR.ISO-8859-15@euro... done
Generation complete.
debian:/home/emmajane# updatedb
debian:/home/emmajane# locate LC_CTYPE
debian:/home/emmajane#

When I do the same thing on my server (woody stable using the same apt-get
install locale...except that it's stable) I get the following when I
update the locales:

Generating locales...
  en_CA.ISO-8859-1... done
    en_US.UTF-8... done