Re: Reconfigure of localepurge has no effect

ljz@asfast.com (Lloyd Zusman) writes:

> And I've run the localepurge reconfiguration repeatedly, each time this
> message comes up, but it never seems to have any effect.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Here's the message that I get:
>
>   localepurge: checking for new locale files ...
>   Some new locales have appeared on your system:
>
>   mn
>
>   They will not be touched at all until you reconfigure localepurge
>   with the following command:
>
>       dpkg-reconfigure localepurge

I have two bug reports pending complaining about exactly the
same. Unfortunately i simply find no way how to reproduce this
behaviour. On my machines localepurge simply does what i've written it
for.

Since the two bug reporters still didn't seem to be able to provide me
with any useful information other than describing the symptoms, maybe
you could help me:

Would you please run "script /tmp/localepurge.typescript" (the command
/usr/bin/script is part of the bsdutils package) and within this very
script session run first "localepurge -d", then "dpkg-reconfigure
localepurge", and then again "localepurge -d". After that, exit the
session and please send me the resulting "/tmp/localepurge.typescript"
(preferably g'zipped ;) along with the separate output of the command
"dpkg -l "*" | grep ^ii" to "pseelig@debian.org".

This would be most helpful helpful to find out what goes wrong!

                                 Thanks, P. *8^)