Nullmailer problems.

I've been using nullmailer for quite some time with nary a hitch, but
it looks like it's just sort-of stopped relaying messages; apparently
this happened a few weeks ago, and I never noticed it as I usually end
up using my work email address for everything.

Whenever I try to flush the queue by hand, I get the following:

    Sending failed: Permanent error in sending the message

Useful, eh?  I've tested that I can manually telnet to the SMTP port on
the remote mailserver and relay messages through...any ideas?