Re: apt-get dist-upgrade doesn't downgrade to stable

Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:57:53AM -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>>
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> Is it also true that setting /etc/apt/apt.conf to contain
>> `APT::Default-Release "testing";' also sets "testing" to 990?
>
> Yes, that is my understanding. man apt_preferences
>
>        100 to 1000
>               Standard  priorities.  990  is  the  priority  set by the
>               --target-release  apt-get(8) option.

Yes ... I read that, too.  But it doesn't say anything specifically
about the `APT::Default-Release "testing";' in apt.conf, and I have
learned the hard way not to make assumptions about the way that various
settings in various places interract with one another in the 'apt'
system.

But using the empirical method, I have determined (I think!) that
`APT::Default-Release' does indeed seem to correspond to the same
numerical priority as the --target-release option.

Thank you for your helpful posts.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@asfast.com