Re: Own kernel doesn't work

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 08:44:36PM +0000, Tim wrote:
> dbalder@pacbrands.com.au wrote:
> >make-kpkg --revision=your.kernel.name.1.0 kernel-image
> >dpkg -i your.kernel.name.1.0.deb
>
> Just so my notes are correct, is it kernel_image or kernel-image, and
> does it make a difference?

The man page only documents 'kernel_image', but
/usr/share/kernel-package/rules accepts either.

It looks as if 'kernel-image' was more or less deprecated long ago, but
kept around for compatibility:

kernel-package (2.01) unstable; urgency=low

  [...]
  * Fixed the targets expected by make-kpkg (kernel_image rather than
    kernel-image, etc).
  [...]

 -- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@pilgrim.umass.edu>

That changelog entry is so old that it isn't even dated, though, so I
suspect that if Manoj were going to remove it then he'd probably have
done so by now.

Cheers,