Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 02:38:03PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> And there is the reverse as well.  Is there a way to verify the
> installation of an installed deb package similar to 'rpm --verify'?

debsums, perhaps? Use 'debsums -g' after installation for the benefit of
those packages which do not ship md5sums files in their control areas.

> Is there a way to correct the permissions and ownerships of the
> installed files of an installed deb similar to 'rpm --setperms' and
> 'rpm --setugids'?

Dunno. It could probably be cobbled together, with some appropriate care
about directory permissions (which I don't think are terribly
deterministic when multiple packages install them with different
permissions - at least I have deliberately not learnt what happens in
this situation, in order that I don't end up relying on it somehow).