Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:37:03AM -0500, Erinn wrote:
> Question: Why are you picking the more advanced distro's automatically?
> There is no reason to feel bad. You have to get a fundamental knowledge
> base (as well as have the right hardware.) Do you want them to work for
> bragging rights or something? Mandrake/RedHat/SuSE *are* user friendly
> (more so than any of the 3 distro's you listed) but that doesn't mean
> they're for complete idiots. Take your time ;)

I never really considered Debian to be for more advanced users.  I
installed it just fine back when hamm was current.  Granted, the
installer can use some work, and I hear that boot-floppies is being
replaced in favor of debian-installer.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user