Re: WAS: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related--NOW, I gave up and went back to Mandrake :-(

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 05:40:32AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > No, KDE is like CDE, not like Windows if we're going to make an
> > accurate comparison.
>
> I always wondered if there was a linkage there.
> However, if at one time it was like CDE, it's not anymore.  It looks
> a *lot* like Windows to me...

Well, so does CDE in that case.
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/screenshots/dtwm.gif

Note the striking resemblence between the panel in KDE and CDE.  Note
the clearly MS-ish title and window bars.  kwin looks like afterstep
trying to be Explorer to me.

> > Windows is fairly unique in it's lossage.
>
> What do you mean "lossage" in this context?  Loss of stability,
> coherence (there's a huge API cruft under there), or something
> else?

Yes.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>