Re: exim and pipe aliases?

    "Robert" == Robert L Harris <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> writes:

    Robert> If I execute the script manually it works great.  If I
    Robert> execute it via pipe with exim I get this:

    Robert> My pipe section of my exim.conf looks like this:

    Robert> [..deleted...]
    Robert> return_output

Hi Robert,

If you specify return_output exim will fail the
delivery. Period. Try changing that to return_fail_output.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/spec.html

Chapter 18.

I suspect your script is doing one of those 'die' statments maybe?
Your pipe specification looks good. Try to change those die statements
to return different return codes ( 1 - 127 ) and see if exim catches
them. I wish I had more time to look over the script right now, but
I've got errands to run. I'll look again tomorrow unless you've got it
fixed (I have not done perl in about 3 years. Yee-hah).

I'm learning more about exim now then before I read your question ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal