Re: exim and pipe aliases?

    "Robert" == Robert L Harris <Robert.L.Harris@rdlg.net> writes:

    Robert> I'm trying to create and alias as such:
    Robert> robert-pager: | /usr/local/bin/Pager.pl 6787586413

    Robert> I execute newalias and send an email to "robert-pager" and
    Robert> I get this in my /var/log/exim/mainlog:

    Robert> 2003-01-15 17:01:09 18Yvav-0001i8-00 Neither the
    Robert> system_aliases director nor the address_pipe transport set
    Robert> a uid for local delivery of | /usr/local/bin/Pager.pl
    Robert> 6787586413

    Robert> I don't see any settings in /etc/exim/exim.conf which
    Robert> would be relevant as the only entry as what uid's we won't
    Robert> accept and exim runs as user mail, not root.

    Robert> Thoughts?  Robert

I don't do this, but my exim.conf has what seems to be the answer in
the file comments:

# This director handles aliasing using a traditional /etc/aliases file.
# If any of your aliases expand to pipes or files, you will need to set
# up a user and a group for these deliveries to run under. You can do
# this by uncommenting the "user" option below (changing the user name
# as appropriate) and adding a "group" option if necessary.

system_aliases:
  driver = aliasfile
  file_transport = address_file
  pipe_transport = address_pipe