Re: opera or other fast browser

on Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 06:57:12PM +0100, Florian Sukup (debian2003@sukup.at) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installing Debian on an old machine. Therefore, I need a fast browser.

We just discussed this topic here.

For anything PII-300+, I'd suggest Galeon, Mozilla, or Konqueror.  Not
snappy, but damned good browsers.

For Pentium class and lower, I use text-mode browsers (w3m in screen in
an rxvt) as my primary browser, dillo for quick graphical stuff, and if
I need heavy lifting, Galeon.

Netscape 3.x browsers might also be useful, though they're buggy.
Netscape 4.x browsers are buggier'n shit and suck.

Opera leaves me cold, though some people like it.

More info:

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/NixBrowsers

Peace.

   Verio webhosting?  Guaranteed downtime: