Re: Re-configuring after an install

heya,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:01:58AM +0000, Chris Owen wrote:
> Thanks Sean that does the trick, and the NIC seems to work OK.  Only one
> thing though; it keeps coming up with that screen asking me to configure
> my network each time I boot, although I have removed the auto eth0 line
> from /etc/network/interfaces.  I can just hit cancel to this each time
> and it still works, but any idea how to stop it coming up with the
> screen?  If I give it a configuration it still doesn't seem happy, as it
> keeps asking for another one each time...

you know, i have no idea on this one.  do you get it if you take both
eth0 lines out of interfaces?  how about if you re-install netbase
(apt-get --reinstall install netbase).  if none of that works, the only
other thing i can think of right now is to boot up, get the question,
then switch to another terminal and see what processes are running,
and investigate from that.

	sean