Re-configuring after an install

Hi, I'm doing an install of Debian 3.0 and have a probably dumb question.

After the installation, how do I re-configure some of the things that I set up right at the start of the installation: specifically, the keyboard map and the network setup? I presume there are scripts available for this, but I haven't managed to find mention of this in the documentation.

I need to set up a PCMCIA network interface card to connect to the internet via a DSL router, and I'm hoping there's a script that'll do this for me.

Thanks

Chris