Re: Re-configuring after an install

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 01:42:41AM +0000, Chris Owen wrote:
> After the installation, how do I re-configure some of the things that I
> set up right at the start of the installation: specifically, the
> keyboard map and the network setup?  I presume there are scripts
> available for this, but I haven't managed to find mention of this in the
> documentation.

you can reconfigure any package installed with dpkg with

# dpkg-reconfigure packagename

the package for the keymap depends on whether you're talking about
console keymappings or x keymappings.  the formær is console-data
i believe, and the latter is whatever x server you use (if you're using
an intel type machine it's probably xserver-xfree86).

> I need to set up a PCMCIA network interface card to connect to the
> internet via a DSL router, and I'm hoping there's a script that'll do
> this for me.

this depends on how your isp has things set up.  is it just dhcp, or
are they using some kind of pppoe based system?  in both cases the
answer is yes.

	sean