Re: Re-configuring after an install

sean finney wrote:

ok then, in that case, i don't remember what script takes you through setting
up your network, but the config is stored in /etc/network/interfaces, and
you want the following two lines:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

and then it should Just Work.  if you want this to be a system that
works nicely in multiple network environments with different requirements
(like a laptop that goes between home and work), you can find lots more
information from 'man interfaces', though if you have dhcp in all locations
you should be golden as is.

Thanks, I tried this, and then a screen comes up next time I re-boot asking me to configure my network. After that, however, it bombs out with a "device not found" error, which is quite understandable as it is trying to do all this at a point in the boot sequence where PCMCIA card services has not yet been started, so eth0 doesn't exist yet...
...?