Re: [apt] Disabling upgrade to insecure packages

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 06:05:47 +0000, Faheem Mitha wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:04:37 +0100, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.org> wrote:
> > Well, if one could put on hold a particular version of a package
> > (given by the user), it would be better than nothing. Is there a
> > way to do this?
>
> Of course. Just put in an entry in /etc/apt/preferences with
> sufficiently high pin number. Eg. I've put all my X packages on hold
> because I am running testing but have problems with 4.2. So I have
>
> Package: xfree86-common
> Pin: version 4.1.0-16
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> etc. etc. See also apt_preferences. HTH.          Faheem.

No, this won't work. This would put on hold *any* version after
4.1.0-16. This is not a particular version.

I would like something like the opposite: give a low score to some
version, but I don't know how to do this, because the generic rules
seem to take the precedence in this case.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International