Re: restricting wireless access

also sprach iain d broadfoot <ibroadfo@cis.strath.ac.uk> [2003.01.11.0015 +0100]:
> as i understand wireless, there is no solution to blocking clients
> connecting - macs can be faked, ssids are plaintext, wep is crackable
> fairly quickly...

my philosophy: if there's a cracker outside my door capable of
cracking WEP (i know it isn't difficult, but it isn't trivial either),
then he should just come up and drink a tea with me. I just want to
prevent the passerby access.

> it depends on your current setup, but you could just firewall everything
> and use proxies for machines on your side possibly?

there are not SSH, HTTPS or IPsec proxies. That's most of what I use.

--
Please do not CC me! Mutt (www.mutt.org) can handle this automatically.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc