Re: restricting wireless access

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) wrote:
> i have a cheap-ass wireless access point which doesn't even do
> MAC-based authentication, and neither can I get WEP64 to work between
> it (Addtron AWS-110) and the Orinoco Silver card.
>
> I would like to have wireless in my appartment, but I need to prevent
> folks on the street from linking into the network. The question is
> how. I want to prevent them from using my internet connection just as
> much as accessing local computers behind the firewall.

as i understand wireless, there is no solution to blocking clients
connecting - macs can be faked, ssids are plaintext, wep is crackable
fairly quickly...

it depends on your current setup, but you could just firewall everything
and use proxies for machines on your side possibly?

iain

wh33, y1p33 3tc.