Re: restricting wireless access

also sprach Jonah Sherman <jsherman@stuy.edu> [2003.01.10.1935 +0100]:
> The best way IMO to secure a small wireless network is with ipsec.  You
> can do this very easily with freeswan and a good ipsec howto.  Just
> create a encrypted/authenticated tunnel between your wireless machine
> and your router.  On the router, set the policy of the wireless port to
> require encryption/auth.

I run IPsec anyway and was thinking about it, but I do want to give
access to friends who come over, and they usually don't have
FreeS/WAN installed (yet). I have an access point, btw, so I can't
really address a 'wireless port' on the router...

> There are ofcourse other options...such as RADIUS...

How would that help? I know that RADIUS is an authentication server,
but how would it be applicable to this situation?

--
Please do not CC me! Mutt (www.mutt.org) can handle this automatically.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc