Re: Running Java program

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 12:08:57AM +0330, Aryan Ameri wrote:

| which java tells me that my java is installed in /usr/bin/java while I
| installed my 1.4.1 JRE in /opt/java.sun.
| And java -version tells me that my version of java is 1.1.8 . Apparently, I
| have two versions of java installed on this machine. How can I explicitly
| point bash to use the 1.4.1 one instead of the 1.1.8 one?

You have a few choices :
    .   use the absolute path
    .   set up PATH so that the desired one is found first
    .   create appropriate symlinks
    .   remove 1.1.8.  It's too old anyways.
    .   use 'update-alternatives' to manage the existing symlinks
            (this is what I recommend, after you install the java package)

| On Monday 30 December 2002 23:49, Stephen Gran wrote:
| > apt-get install limewire?
|
| I get "Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
|   limewire: Depends: j2re1.3 but it is not installable". Tried it on both,
| Sarge and sid repositories.

Java isn't FREE.

Put this in /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb ftp://ftp.tux.org/pub/java/debian/ sid main non-free

-D

--
Running Windows is kinda like playing blackjack:
User stays on success, reboots on failure

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/