Running Java program

Hi there:

I have Sun's j2sdk 1.4.1 runtime enviroment installed in my computer. I
followed the installation instructions, and installed java. I have it in my
PATH and am using it as a mozilla plugin. Mozilla is able to show webpages
which use java applets, so I guess my java installation is functional.
However I tried running a java program ( LimeWire), which in it's
installation notes, says that I should issue the command "java -jar
RunLime.jar" in order to run the application. However when I do so I get an
error message telling me that -jar is an illegal option. There is also an
alternate way to run the program using -cp option, but doing so also gives me
an error message telling me that -cp is illegal. I have run this program
before, when I used RedHat 7.3.
Any Ideas?
(PS: Off  topic, but I need limewire because I badly need to download Harry
Potter ;-)

Cheers
Aryan