RE: Desktop Performance Issue (FIXED)

How did you determine the appropriate values for all of the
other settings you made besides the DMA setting? (Or, where
did you come across this information for these settings
(besides the man page obviously))?

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 11:17:31PM -0700, Michael wrote:
> You guys hooked me up. I entered the following hdparm command:
>
> hdparm -X34 -d1 -u1 -m16 -c3 /dev/hda
>
> Not only are problems resolved but system in general runs much quicker
> and is more responsive. Hdparm is now running at startup!! Thanks all for
> you help with this one. Wish I'd of asked a long time ago.
>
> Michael

I don't know if this is what he used, but you could start here:

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/06/29/hdparm.html