Re: Macintosh formatted FD's usable in Debian?

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 07:42:53PM +0100, Christian Jaeger wrote:
> At 13:36 Uhr -0500 23.12.2002, Toku wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to just occasionally transfer a file to an olde
> >Macintosh LC II that is not connected to any network to utilize
> >a laser printer attached to it.
>
> The filesystems are either hfs (older macs) or hfs+ (the default
> since MacOS 8 I think, though MacOS 8 + 9 can handle hfs as well).

An LC II is 68k based, so it will be hfs

> You either need a hfs(+) enabled kernel / kernel modules hfs or hfs+,
> but afaik they are still buggy. Or better use the userspace packages
> "hfsplus" and "hfsutils".

For occasional use I think the in-kernel driver is OK. I think you need
to format the floppy on the mac though.
Another way is to install the necessary tools (I believe it is a control
panel) on the mac to be able to use dos-formatted floppies. I don't
remember the name.

Frank