Re: kppp password problem

check out your /etc/ppp/peers folder. I'm guessing you are using 2
different config files there, and the one being used by kppp does not
have the "noauth" option, meaning that it is expecting the remote system
(your ISP's remote access server) to authenticate itself with _your_
box, and that is not happening, hence the error:

> "pppd[1072]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself
> pppd[1072]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use
> to do so.
> pppd[1072]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)"

I would either have kppp use the same peer file as pon (probably
/etc/ppp/peer/provider) or else add a "noauth" directive to the file

davidc