Re: Macintosh formatted FD's usable in Debian?

At 13:36 Uhr -0500 23.12.2002, Toku wrote:
Hi,

I would like to just occasionally transfer a file to an olde
Macintosh LC II that is not connected to any network to utilize
a laser printer attached to it.

The filesystems are either hfs (older macs) or hfs+ (the default since MacOS 8 I think, though MacOS 8 + 9 can handle hfs as well).

You either need a hfs(+) enabled kernel / kernel modules hfs or hfs+, but afaik they are still buggy. Or better use the userspace packages "hfsplus" and "hfsutils".

Christian.