Re: sound problem -ES1869

On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 12:15:59PM -0600, Russ Cook wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.  I tried setting the IRQ to 10, as suggested with
> modprobe sb esstype=1869 irq=10
> I then got the error:
> kernel: sb: Interrupt test on IRQ10 failed - Probable IRQ conflict
>
> looking at /proc/interrupts shows:
> 0:	timer
> 1:	keyboard
> 2:	cascade
> 10:	soundblaster
> 11:	eth0
> 12:	PS/2 Mouse
> 14:	ide0
> 15:	ide1
>
> There is a second column between these two labeled CPUO.
> It has a non zero value for all but 2, 10, NMI, and ERR.
>
> Can anyone offer any further ideas?

Try other interrupts. The manuals for two of my systems have tables
of interrupts. This function list gives for the most part what is stated
in the newer table, except when the older table is more clear.

Level	Function
  SMI	Power management unit
  NMI	Parity error detected, I/O channel error
    0	Interval timer, system timer output 0
    1	Keyboard
    2	Interrupt from controller 2 (cascade)
    3	Serial port 2
    4	Serial port 1
    5	Reserved (in older table: Parallel port 2)
    6	Diskette controller
    7	Parallel port 1
    8	Real time clock
    9	Cascaded to INT 0AH (IRQ2)
   10	Reserved
   11	Reserved
   12	PS/2 mouse
   13	INT from coprocessor (in older table: 80287)
   14	Hard disk controller
   15	Reserved

--
Seneca