Re: sound problem -ES1869

Thanks for the tip.  I tried setting the IRQ to 10, as suggested with
modprobe sb esstype=1869 irq=10
I then got the error:
kernel: sb: Interrupt test on IRQ10 failed - Probable IRQ conflict

looking at /proc/interrupts shows:
0:	timer
1:	keyboard
2:	cascade
10:	soundblaster
11:	eth0
12:	PS/2 Mouse
14:	ide0
15:	ide1

There is a second column between these two labeled CPUO.
It has a non zero value for all but 2, 10, NMI, and ERR.

Can anyone offer any further ideas?

Thanks much,
	Russ