RE: Nvi recovery program please shove off

In what was is vimdiff stunnning?

Should one open vimdiff with two files that are close to identical, all the
large sections which are identical will be automaticall collapsed, and the
remaining areas are coloored to indicate the differences, including helping
you to the point in the line where the difference begins.

Ctrl-W Ctrl-W seems to skip between windows.

Once you are there
:help vimdiff
will introduce you to the vim documentation on it (considerably more
verbose, but also leaving many more unanswered questions)

:help
works, also, to get a feel for how VIM's documentation works

Best o' Luck

/bin/ed indeed.