ps/gs issue ; individual pages look different

Hi,

   I am working with the latest rc of FOP, 0.20.5rc and the resulting
postscript file appears to be okay in regards to the BoundingBox,
which should be 8.5 x 11, standard US letter size.

   Here is part of the beginning of a FOP produced postscript file
whose BoundingBox is correctly set:

%%Page: 1 1
%%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 612 792
%%BeginPageSetup

The key thing to notice is the 612 and 792, which define the width and
height in postscript points (psp) (1psp/72 == in), respectively. (612 /
72 == 8.5; 792 / 72 == 11).
                           <http://www.prepressure.com/library/didot.htm>

   Ghostscript has a device entitled "pswrite" which simply churns out
another postscript file. If one tells gs to break it up into
individual pages via the % in the OutputFile parameter, it will do so:

     gs -dNOPAUSE -sOutputFile="%02d.ps" -sDEVICE=pswrite ../job-listing.descending.ps -c quit

   One would think that each resulting page would have the same
BoundingBox as the original postscript file. Here is the bb from
01.ps:

%%BoundingBox: 0 0 578 777
%%HiResBoundingBox: 0.000000 0.000000 577.550000 776.500000

which is similar to 8.5" x 11" but not quite.

   The reason I'm so interested in this is that the printing of a
postscript file fails to print the header on the pages and this
discrepancy between the original postscript file and the individual
pages seems the most likely suspect.

   Anyone see anything particular?

   Thank you,

   Elizabeth