From: Pigeon [mailto:jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 3:23 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Nvi recovery program please shove off

Hi,

The other day something dumped me into vi, which I got out of by my usual
method of trying every key combination I can think of, swearing a lot and
doing kill -9 from another vc.

Now I keep getting this mail every time I boot up: (headers snipped)

>From: jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk (Nvi recovery program)
>Subject: Nvi saved the file L367-13TMP.c
>
>On Sat Dec 14 21:48:32 2002, the user pigeon was editing a file named
>/tmp/L367-13TMP.c on the machine pigeon, when it was saved for
>recovery. You can recover most, if not all, of the changes to this file
>using the -r option to view:
>
>	view -r /tmp/L367-13TMP.c

Obviously the file doesn't exist in /tmp anymore, but doing find / -name
'*L367*' didn't produce any result. Where is it? I want to delete it. I
don't want to view it, and I don't want to recover changes because I haven't
actually lost anything. I just want this annoying message to go away and
recover the filespace.

Pigeon