wisdom of updating woody python & gtk to unstable

Hi,

I am developing an app using the default woody python/gtk install.  Would
it be wise to update to the "unstable" python <2.2> and python-gnome
<1.99> and all of the associated libraries.  Basically I would like the
added functionality in the newer python-gnome bindings but wouldn't want
to break my system.

I am using the gnome desktop environment <default woody>.

tia

--
Luc Lefebvre                                 o
                                            /`-'

Key fingerprint = D2E5 5E35 B910 6F4E 0242  EC63 0FD9 96D0 C7F4 784E