Re: xntp v's ntp

-> 	No doubt someone in this forum will be able to enlighten me as to what are
-> the differenced between xntp and ntp. Are they simply different
-> implementations of the ntp protocol?
->
-> I have RTFM and STFW and haven't found a succinct list of the differenced
-> (yet).
->
-> What are the benefits/drawbacks of each implementation given that they are
-> not 100% compatable (from experience).
->
-> We run a shop of linux (debian/SuSE) and Solaris. Both SuSe and Solaris use
-> xntpd whist debian seams to prefer ntpd. It would be great to know the
-> decisions behind why each distro went the way they did.
->
-> Maybe xntp's license contitions are not debian compatable?

afak it is the same daemon.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.