Re: urgent - system slow after spamassassin

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 07:43:26PM -0600, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
> The Debian list servers run spamassassin for you. You can configure
> things so that spamassassin is run only on messages not from a Debian
> list. That might reduce your load significantly.
>
> In my .procmailrc I first look for X-Spam-Status first, then I filter
> all the debian list messages off, and only after all that I run
> spamassassin. Which means that less than 1% of may mail actually runs
> via spamassassin locally.

can a similar thing be done without .procmailrc? i do not have procmail
on. have not yet felt the need for procmail. but i do have a very
rudimentary .forward file.

by the way, how is mail actually handled? fetchmail -> exim -> .forward
-> spamassassin or some other way?

i will also reiterate my earlier question here. if i have a .forward
file and keep adding filters there, will it be a close substitute to
spamassassin?

> But if it is speed you are looking for.....

i sure am looking for speed. my system was 'crawling'!!

--
regards,

sandip p deshmukh

Hi!  You have reached 555-0129. None of us are here to answer the phone and
the cat doesn't have opposing thumbs, so his messages are illegible.  Please
leave your name and message after the beep...