Digicams and Debian/Linux

Hi all,

I have just purchased a digicam (Sony DSC-P7) and I was trying to
download the pictures from the camera to my box (Debian sid). When I
plug the camera into some of the USB ports, the usbmgr detects the
device and the Sony is listed when running lsusb. After doing some
googling, I haven't succeded in finding a package or some way to mount
the memory card at the camera or to read the pictures after the device
was detected by usbmgr. Does some of you know if there is a package in
Debian that helps working around this stuff or if there is another
better solution?

Thanks,

Bruno.
--