Re: Exchange Calendar client?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 01:58:55PM -0600, Kent West wrote:
> >You know....from my humble experience in the IT world....the ONE thing
> >that would really help Linux get in with small to medium sized business
> >is a nice group calendar.  This would be HUGE.
> >

> Amen!

OK, I have a serious question here. I've heard the same type of comment
before. And I used to work at a company that used Outlook/Exchange
worldwide, including all the shared calendaring and a global address
book with the entire company in it (and yes, they got hit VERY hard by
the first few big Outlook mail worms).

People used it for basic e-mail. People used the address book. But the
extent of the group calendaring was that some people would send "meeting
requests" out. I think one person had a public calendar, but most of us
hadn't bothered to learn how to access it. And most of the other groups
were less technical than the one I was in.

Is this pretty typical? Or do other places actually make real use of the
group calendars? Or is it that the only people who really know how to
use all the features are the people who aren't doing real work (like the
phone system in some places)?

--
Michael Heironimus