Re: Exchange Calendar client?

Thus spake Michael Heironimus (mkh01@earthlink.net):

> OK, I have a serious question here. I've heard the same type of comment
> before. And I used to work at a company that used Outlook/Exchange
> worldwide, including all the shared calendaring and a global address
> book with the entire company in it (and yes, they got hit VERY hard by
> the first few big Outlook mail worms).
>
> People used it for basic e-mail. People used the address book. But the
> extent of the group calendaring was that some people would send "meeting
> requests" out. I think one person had a public calendar, but most of us
> hadn't bothered to learn how to access it. And most of the other groups
> were less technical than the one I was in.
>
> Is this pretty typical? Or do other places actually make real use of the
> group calendars? Or is it that the only people who really know how to
> use all the features are the people who aren't doing real work (like the
> phone system in some places)?

From what I've seen, the BigWigs tend to use it to schedule all the
meetings they like to live in.  Most "normal" people though find it more
of a nuesance than anything else.  I tend to be one of those who will
block out all but 2hrs of my day as busy so some butt nut doesn't decide
to schedule meetings for me durring my lunch or after hours, etc.

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: FC96D405

DISCLAIMER:
FYI: