mozilla 1.2 and debian

Kind of a newbie question here.
I really want to try Mozilla Calendar but I need Mozilla 1.2 first.
My apt-get tells me that my Mozilla 1.0.0 is already the newest
version.  4 questions please:

Should I just download and compile Mozilla 1.2 on my own?

I would like to stick with the Debian way but I have no choice here
since I need 1.2  What are the implications of doing my own install?

If something is wrong with the newest mozilla how do I go back to the
original debian Mozilla 1.0.0 package?

How long will it take for Mozilla 1.2 to become a stable
debian package so one can use apt-get?

Thanks,
Andy