Re: Kernel compile fails

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 12:55:57PM -0500, David Z Maze wrote:

   > Do you have some particular reason to want to be running prerelease
   > software?

Nothing in particular. But, I am not using a pre-release patch. The
ac-patch that I applied was for the released 2.4.20.

   > If not, I'd stick with a "normal" kernel; 2.4.19 has been
   > pretty good to me, 2.4.20 has a known problem with certain cases of
   > ext3 filesystems but otherwise apparently is also fine besides this.

Saw that news a couple of days ago.

My main reason to try out different things is to get my vt8233 sound
working (it is on-board). Searching the alsa archives also did not throw
up any solutions or problem areas to look into.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

A psychiatrist is a fellow who asks you a lot of expensive questions
your wife asks you for nothing.
		-- Joey Adams