Re: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs

In article <[🔎] 20021205134912.1ce99a93.claus.imgrund@terra.com.br>, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:16:29 +0000
>>
> I had kernels bigger than 1 MB - no problem.
> It would help if you remember what things you configured as modules.

Unfortunately, I don't.

> If you got i.e a driver for the wrong sound card compiled in the kernel
> it can give you a kernel panic.If it is compiled as module the module
> just doesn't load.

Perhaps, but I doubt anything like that can cause this particular kernel
panic.

Anyway, I've been able to boot a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel, and I'll make my
changes one by one, so that if I'm hit by this again I will hopefully be
able to pinpoint what introduced it.