Re: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs

Just a thought, but do you have ide and/or scsi as modules instead of
compiled into the kernel? You will get this message if the kernel can't
mount the root partition because it doesn't have the necessary drivers to
talk to the disk on which the root partition sits.  That is, if / is on an
ide disk you need ide compiled into the kernel, not a module.

ap

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu